Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Journaling: The School at Jacob's Pillow

OMG OMG I heard about Jasmin's acceptance into The School at Jacob's Pillow, so I assumed that meant that I didn't get in. No phone call, after all. Yesterday, I opened their letter to read the following: "You have been placed on the Wait List for acceptance into The School at Jacob's Pillow Contemporary Program for 2012. ... "Since each program accepts twenty-four participants or less, our Wait List is comprised of dancers that would have been accepted had there been more spaces available." I can do good work! Okay, I realize that I'm not actually attending The School, and that there's like a 5% chance that I'd be invited, but still, this is waay closer than I've ever been, and it means that I've done something right. I feel good about myself now. :) In the midst of acknowledging and accepting my insecurity, I have two majorly positive dance experiences, and also a great singing studio class with Taylor and his studio. I think this means I need to keep it as real as possible, acknowledge my emotions, and live each moment to the fullest. If I do that, sooner or later, something positive will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment